It’s now 2018, how exciting, the first Friday in a new year. I hope the first week of January has been good to you.
How did you bring in the new year? Have you made resolutions this year?
As it is a time for resolutions, I have built in weekly posts into my business plan to give readers a taste of the story worlds in which I write.
I’m going to start the posts with DS Albie Edwards, who is the main character in a new crime series based in south-east London. If you’re a visual person, think Tom Hardy.
He first started to pester me with his incessant need to be heard about twenty years ago and still nags me daily. It wasn’t until two years ago that I began to listen in earnest and started putting his rantings on paper.
He is desperate to be heard and will make his first appearance in a short story coming very soon.
Until then, here are 10 facts about our protagonist to whet your appetite.
- Albie was born and bred in south London.
- He lives in a spacious flat in Blackheath.
- You can often see him in the local pub where he enjoys a pint of ale and whiskey chasers.
- Ask him about his choice of music and he’ll tell you he’s a rocker. Look at his music collection and you mainly find Bon Jovi CDs
- Albie is ambitious at work and will do anything to land the next promotion.
- His biological father is the main contradiction in his life and his nemesis.
- He’s partial to pie and mash or an Indian takeaway.
- Albie has made his fair share of enemies over the years.
- Eva is his best friend, he doesn’t make friends easily.
- Albie holds a grudge and believes he’s rarely wrong.
See you next week on the regular Friday blog spot for the next installment.
Contact me on:
On Twitter https://twitter.com/kimberleyshead
On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kimberleyshead/
On Pintrest https://uk.pinterest.com/kimberleyshead/
On Goodreads Kimberley Shead Goodreads
On Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kimberleyshead/?hl=en